As part of our work at the summer school, we were asked to do a project in groups about one of several different topics to do with our studies. The topics we could choose from were;
What in our environment causes asthma?
Dustmites and asthma
Mapping out asthma
Will we ever get a malaria vaccine for the poor children of the world?
Where do vaccines come from and what are they used for?
Mapping out vaccination in our borough.
I chose the topic, 'Where do vaccines come from and what are they used for?'. In this project we will;
1. Describe how the first vaccine was invented
2. Develop a timeline of when different vaccines were distributed to the public
3. Case study on a disease that has been eradicated due to vaccines(Smallpox).
4. Case study on a disease that has nearly been eradicated due to vaccines (Polio).
5. Case study on a disease that in the future may be vaccinated against(HIV).
(a) Find out what the first disease to be vaccinated was
(b) Who, When and Where?
(c) What kind of vaccine was this?
(d) Why was this such a breakthrough?
(a) Identify vaccines through the ages
(b) When they were developed and distributed to the public
(c) Short description of each disease and their effects
Follow this link to view The Presentation of this Project at the Launch Event